Sunday 8 January 2012

Jay's picks, Jan 7 2012

Ok, this is my first entry. I'll start off with what is probably one of my favourite songs ever. Even 15 years later, this track sounds as good as it did when it was released back in the day. From a songwriting point of view, the lyrics tell a story which is matched by the rise and swell of the backing music. This, in my mind, is an amazing song and so is an ideal way to start all of my selections with.



Next track is another fave (as they should all be, right??), by Damian Rice. A sad song, no doubt...



I feel the need to switch it up a bit. No more sad songs for today. This is a prog house track, decent but the images in the video are stunning. Very nicely done.



The next one can only be watched in the wee hours of the morning, while still under a mild alcoholic spell. Lousy version but nicely done, good beat, catchy, no?? Nick Junior!!?! Really? Saaaaaaay whaaaaat!?!



How do you top that? You don't - you mix it up, that's what...! I hope you recognize the beat and some of the other samples in this one... this is a great funky way to end off the selections from this week.



Enjoy!!

_jh

No comments:

Post a Comment