Monday 23 January 2012

Jay's mini-picks, Jan 23 2012

So just a teaser here... 2 tracks, both amazing in their own right.

First, 'Colder Weather' by the Zac Brown Band is one of the best country songs I know of. The songwriting is stellar, and the build-up and release interweave with the story.

"When I close my eyes I see you
No matter where I am
I can smell your perfume through these whispering pines
I'm with your ghost again..."

Gold.



And, a special bonus, live from Red Rock (naturally...!)



Second track, a Canadian band called Hey Rosetta!. This track was featured on the CBC TV show 'Heartland' (keeping with the country theme) but is more of a folky-rock but still upbeat number. This has been one of my personal favourites for a few years now.



Until next time...!

_jh

No comments:

Post a Comment